COVID-19 Update: Program Reinstatement Guidelines, Effective June 15, 2020
Effective June 15, 2020, the Ronald McDonald House in Madison will begin admitting new families at a reduced capacity.
Effective May 18, 2020, the Ronald McDonald Family Room at SSM Health – St. Mary’s Hospital in Madison will reopen at a reduced capacity for new and returning families.
These guidelines are part of RMHC-Madison’s ongoing efforts to protect our guest families, volunteers, and staff and the community in which we serve as we navigate the COVID-19 situation.
The VISITOR GUIDELINES are as follows:
All personnel are required to wear a mask or other CDC recommended facial covering while in the Ronald McDonald House, Ronald McDonald Family Room or on House property. Guests are permitted to be maskless while in their bedrooms and while eating in the dining areas.
- GUEST FAMILIES/VISITORS
- NOT allowed at RMHC-Madison:
- Families will NOT be able to utilize the House in a day-use capacity.
- ALLOWED at RMHC-Madison:
- New inpatient families WILL be accepted into the Ronald McDonald House in a reduced capacity. Eight guest rooms are currently available. Room occupancy is limited to no more than two adult caregivers of the patient(s).
- New families WILL be accepted into the Ronald McDonald Family Room at SSM Health – St. Mary’s Hospital.
- NOT allowed at RMHC-Madison:
- SERVICES/PROGRAMS (House program)
- Limited: Augie’s Lunches with Love is limited to families that are in the House.
- Limited: Dinner program will phase back in. Dining room available with reduced seating and reduced hours. Families can use the kitchen/dining areas 6:45 AM-9:45 AM, 11:15 AM-1:15 PM, and 4:45 PM-7:45 PM.
- Limited: Common areas will remain closed except for the breakfast bar, dining room and family kitchen, and laundry room.
- Limited: For the time being, the RMHC shuttle van will not be operating; however, if families require a ride to and from the hospital, the grocery store, or other location within 2 miles of the House between 8:00 AM and 8:00 PM, the House will cover the cost of transportation via Union Cab.
- VISITING GROUPS
- Suspended: Volunteer groups (including dinner groups), group meetings, gatherings, and tours.
- Limited: Staffing remains at reduced levels: two to three office staff and two (opposite shifts) housekeeping staff present during the day and a Night & Weekend Supervisor or other staff present at night. All staff will wear personal masks. Non-essential staff will work remotely.
- VOLUNTEER SERVICES
- Suspended: ALL volunteer activity is suspended until further notice at the Ronald McDonald House and Ronald McDonald Family Room.
- Continuing: Mail, deliveries, and donations received in airlock only. Contractors will be screened before permitted within the House.
Emergency Preparedness Team
Lead: Kevin Huddleston, Executive Director, 608-232-4677
Communication: Shauna Thayer, Marketing & Communication Director, 608-230-5995
House Volunteers: Tara Hensley, House Director, 608-232-4671
House Families: Dan Herzig, Guest Services Manager, 608-286-1318
Family Room Families & Volunteers: Teresa Van Den Wildenberg, 608-229-8323
Development: Deborah Still, Director of Development, RMHC-Madison, 608-576-3120