COVID-19 Ronald McDonald House Update: August 1, 2022
These guidelines are part of RMHC-Madison’s ongoing efforts to protect our guest families, volunteers, and staff, and the community in which we serve as we navigate the COVID-19 situation. Most Ronald McDonald House operations are running as normal. The following are additional protections for your safety.
- All personnel must wear a 3-ply or greater mask (medical grade or N95/KN95 or equivalent) while in the Ronald McDonald House. We can provide Medical-grade masks if needed. Guests are permitted to be maskless while in their bedrooms and while eating in the dining areas.
- Individuals can wear their own masks if they meet these requirements.
- Guests and volunteers may wear their own masks but can be encouraged to wear one of our provided masks.
- Social distancing (3 ft) between non-family members is encouraged.
- Families will NOT be able to utilize the House in a day-use capacity.
- Families are allowed to have visitors for their support network in the House with the following restrictions:
- No more than 2 at a time per day
- Limited to 4 hours at a time
- Social distancing (min 3ft) required
- The RMHC-Madison shuttle van began operating in November 2021 with restricted use. Masks must always be worn in the vehicle and, as weather permits, windows should be rolled down. If families require a ride to and from the hospital, the grocery store, or other location within two miles of the House between 8:00 AM and 8:00 PM, the House will cover the cost of transportation via Union Cab.
- VISITING GROUPS
- Limited: Volunteer groups (including dinner groups), group meetings, gatherings, and tours are operating in groups of eight or less, so long as all individuals are vaccinated, masked and the gathering is able to meet social distancing requirements.
COVID-19 Ronald McDonald Family Room Update: August 9, 2022
- Following hospital protocol, two visitors/support persons per patient are allowed each day. Visitors/support persons age 16 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Face masks must be worn at all times when in the facility, and must cover nose and mouth. Procedure masks recommended.
Emergency Preparedness Team
Lead: Kelly Ruppel, Executive Director, 608-232-4677
Communication: Shauna Thayer, Marketing & Communication Director, 608-230-5995
House Volunteers: Michael Rosenblum, House Director, 608-232-4671
House Families: Dan Herzig, Guest Services Manager, 608-286-1318
Family Room Families & Volunteers: Teresa Van Den Wildenberg, 608-229-8323
Development: Deborah Still, Director of Development, RMHC-Madison, 608-576-3120