COVID-19 Update: Program Reinstatement Guidelines, Effective March 15, 2021
Please note: Before printing/distributing copies of any COVID-19 email message, please check www.rmhcmadison.org/COVID19 to confirm the latest version, as information can change rapidly.
- The Ronald McDonald House in Madison is admitting new families at a reduced capacity. Limited volunteer activity has resumed for both in-house volunteers and meal volunteers with reduced hours and numbers.
- Effective March 8, 2021, the Ronald McDonald Family Room at SSM Health – St. Mary’s Hospital in Madison limited volunteer activity has resumed with reduced hours and numbers.
- Effective January 11, 2021, the Ronald McDonald Care Mobile program was reinstated.
These guidelines are part of RMHC-Madison’s ongoing efforts to protect our guest families, volunteers, and staff, and the community in which we serve as we navigate the COVID-19 situation.
The VISITOR GUIDELINES are as follows:
All personnel are required to wear a medical-grade mask while in the Ronald McDonald House, Ronald McDonald Family Room, or a CDC-approved face covering on House property. Medical-grade masks will be provided if needed. Guests are permitted to be maskless while in their bedrooms and while eating in the dining areas.
- GUEST FAMILIES/VISITORS
- NOT allowed at RMHC-Madison:
- Families will NOT be able to utilize the House in a day-use capacity.
- Families are NOT allowed to have visitors in the House.
- ALLOWED at RMHC-Madison:
- Inpatient and out-patient procedure families WILL be accepted into the Ronald McDonald House in a reduced capacity. Sixteen guest rooms are currently available. Room occupancy is limited to no more than three adult caregivers of the patient(s). Siblings under 18 are not allowed at this time.
- New families WILL be accepted into the Ronald McDonald Family Room at SSM Health – St. Mary’s Hospital.
- NOT allowed at RMHC-Madison:
- SERVICES/PROGRAMS (House program)
- Limited: Augie’s Lunches with Love is limited to families that are in the House.
- Limited: Dinner program will continue to phase back in at a more increased number, still at a limited number of volunteers at each dinner event. Dining room available with reduced seating and reduced hours. Families can use the kitchen/dining areas 6:45 AM-9:45 AM, 11:15 AM-1:15 PM, and 4:45 PM-7:45 PM.
- Limited: Common areas will remain closed except for the breakfast bar, dining room and family kitchen, and laundry room.
- Limited: For the time being, the RMHC shuttle van will not be operating; however, if families require a ride to and from the hospital, the grocery store, or other location within 2 miles of the House between 8:00 AM and 8:00 PM, the House will cover the cost of transportation via Union Cab.
- VISITING GROUPS
- Limited: Volunteer groups (including dinner groups), group meetings, gatherings, and tours.
- Limited: Staffing remains at reduced levels: two to three office staff and two (opposite shifts) housekeeping staff present during the day and a Night & Weekend Supervisor or other staff present at night. All staff will wear personal masks. Non-essential staff will work remotely.
- VOLUNTEER SERVICES
- Limited: Volunteer activity has resumed with reduced hours and numbers at the Ronald McDonald Family Room and Ronald McDonald House.
- Continuing: Mail, deliveries, and donations received in airlock or inside the lobby. Contractors will be screened before permitted within the House.
Emergency Preparedness Team
Lead: Shawn Arneson, Interim Lead, 608-890-7607
Communication: Shauna Thayer, Marketing & Communication Director, 608-230-5995
House Volunteers: Tara Hensley, House Director, 608-232-4671
House Families: Dan Herzig, Guest Services Manager, 608-286-1318
Family Room Families & Volunteers: Teresa Van Den Wildenberg, 608-229-8323
Development: Deborah Still, Director of Development, RMHC-Madison, 608-576-3120