These volunteers are the smiling, friendly faces our families see everyday. In-House volunteers are integral to the daily operations of the House. They are the goodwill ambassadors who extend our trademark care and hospitality to families facing the unthinkable—a sick child.
Please note that In-House Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age, and we ask for a one-year commitment.
Some of the responsibilities are:
- Answer phones and answer questions
- Check families in and out of the House
- Provide directions to the House and around the city
- Help clean (e.g., empty and load dishwashers, lightly dust and vacuum, occasionally prepare meals)
- Make sack lunches for families
- Schedule van rides
- Make certain our families are comfortable and cared for during their stay
- Occasionally assist with special projects, like stuffing letters or making copies.
In-House Volunteers are in the House from 9 a.m. until 9 p.m. daily and work in three-hour shifts. We offer weekly scheduled volunteer positions, as well as substitute positions. We’d LOVE for you to join us! We provide a fun, detailed orientation program followed by in-depth “mentored” training.
If you are interested in becoming an In-House Volunteer, please contact Tara Hensley at 608.232.4671