Since 2003, the Children’s Medical Center at Rockford Health System has provided dental and medical care to uninsured children in the region through the Ronald McDonald Care Mobile. The Care Mobile is a 40-foot, 26,000 pound pediatric clinic on wheels that delivers medical and dental care to uninsured children across the region: Boone, Lee, Ogle, Stephenson and Winnebago Counties.
The vehicle houses two patient examination rooms, a laboratory, a reception area and a medical records area. The Care Mobile visits “host sites” in five counties in Illinois, including Boone, Lee, Ogle, Stephenson and Winnebago.
A team of medical professionals including a nurse practitioner, a dentist and a dental assistant travel on the Care Mobile. Onsite Dental is partnering with Rockford Health System to provide the dental care. Staff on the Care Mobile also help enroll children in the state’s All Kids Program.
Funding for the Care Mobile is provided by Ronald McDonald House Charities, the Rockford Memorial Hospital Auxiliary and the Rockford Memorial Development Foundation. Since 2003, more than 5,800 children and their families have been served on the Care Mobile. More than $1.5 million in free care has been provided since 2003. More than 1,200 immunizations have been given on the Care Mobile since 2003.
We offer the following services:
- School & sports physicals
- Primary care
- Treatment of chronic conditions, including asthma and obesity care
- Lead and hemoglobin point of care testing
- Dental care
- Referral for specialty care
Please call the Care Mobile or check with your school nurse to find out when we will be near you!
- Care Mobile Appointments or Schedule Inquiries: 815-971-5800, option 5
- Questions about the Care Mobile: Toni Ellingson, FNP/Manager, 815-971-5810
- Donations or Event Requests: Kristi Briggs, Care Mobile Coordinator, 815-971-6627