The kitchen is the heart of any home; a place where families gather at the end of the day to share laughs, comfort, and love over a meal. That is absolutely no exception at RMHC-Madison.
As a meal group volunteer, you provide so much more than just food: you provide families with time to decompress with others after a tough day at the hospital, and the comfort and warmth of a home-cooked meal and conversation shared with families. You provide them with extra support during some of their most challenging times.
For the health and safety of the families staying with us, volunteers, and our staff, we are still under modified operations.
- It is the responsibility of the volunteer group to bring the food supplies needed to prepare the meal.
- Group size is limited to 8 people. All volunteers must be 14+ years of age at this time.
- Please arrive no later than 4:00 pm., so dinner will be ready for our families by 6 pm.
- For the safety of our families, all members of your group must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
- Every member will be expected to wear a face mask, 3 ply medical-grade masks or better are required. We have masks available if needed.
- All volunteers must review the Volunteer Health Screening in advance of the visit. It is required that you pass the screening questions the day you arrive at the House to volunteer. If you cannot pass the health screening you will not be able to volunteer until you are able to do so.
For questions regarding our meal program, please contact us by email or by calling 608-232-4660.