Ronald McDonald House Visitor Guidelines
These guidelines are part of RMHC-Madison’s ongoing efforts to protect our guest families, volunteers, and staff, and the community in which we serve. The following are additional protections for your safety.
- All personnel must wear a 3-ply or greater mask (medical grade or N95/KN95 or equivalent) while in the Ronald McDonald House. We can provide Medical-grade masks if needed. Guests are permitted to be maskless while in their bedrooms and while eating in the dining areas.
- Individuals can wear their own masks if they meet these requirements.
- Guests and volunteers may wear their own masks but can be encouraged to wear one of our provided masks.
- Social distancing (3 ft) between non-family members is encouraged.
- Families will NOT be able to utilize the House in a day-use capacity.
- Families are allowed to have visitors for their support network in the House with the following restrictions:
- No more than 2 at a time per day
- Limited to 4 hours at a time
- Social distancing (min 3ft) required
- If families require a ride to and from the hospital, the grocery store, or other location within two miles of the House between 8:00 AM and 8:00 PM the RMHC-Madison shuttle van is available, or the House can assist with alternative transportation. Masks must always be worn in the vehicle.
- VISITING GROUPS
- Volunteer groups (including dinner groups), group meetings, gatherings, and tours are operating in groups of eight or fewer, so long as all individuals are masked and the gathering is able to meet social distancing requirements. Visitors are encouraged to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
Ronald McDonald Family Room Visitor Guidelines
- Following hospital protocol, two visitors/support persons per patient are allowed each day. Visitors/support persons age 16 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Face masks must be worn at all times when in the facility, and must cover nose and mouth. Procedure masks recommended.