The Ronald McDonald Care Mobile, in partnership with Mercyhealth, provides medical and dental care to uninsured children at “host sites” in five counties in Illinois, including Boone, Lee, Ogle, Stephenson and Winnebago.
The Care Mobile is a 40-foot, 26,000-pound pediatric clinic on wheels. The vehicle houses two patient examination rooms, a laboratory, and a reception area.
A team of medical professionals including a nurse practitioner, a nurse, a dentist and a dental assistant travel on the Care Mobile. Onsite Dental is partnering with Mercyhealth System to provide dental care. Staff on the Care Mobile also help enroll children in the state’s All Kids Program.
Since 2003, more than 9,200 children and their families have been served on the Care Mobile. More than $2.3 million in free care has been provided since 2003. More than 3,400 immunizations have been given on the Care Mobile since 2003.
Please call the Care Mobile or check with your school nurse to find out when we will be near you!
We offer the following services:
- School & sports physicals
- Treatment of chronic conditions, including asthma and obesity care
- Dental care
- Referral for specialty care
* Services may be limited during Covid-19 restrictions.
- Care Mobile Appointments or Schedule Inquiries: 815-971-5800
- Questions about the Care Mobile: Toni Ellingson, FNP/Manager, 815-971-5810
- Donations or Event Requests: Shannon Palmer, RN, Care Mobile Coordinator, 815-971-6627